Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You can't just drive by


Zach Zellmer stays cool by taking his turn down a water slide in Mankato.


There are certain scenes that just beg to be photographed. When you see them, you're compelled to stop and photograph them. It doesn't matter if you're in a hurry or have somewhere else to be, you find the five minutes it takes to pull over and make some pictures. Kids having a water fight is one of them. It's almost like the scene has its own gravitational pull, drawing you in.
I even tried to drive by these boys playing on a water slide in their front yard. It didn't work. I had to go back. So what if I'm a couple of minutes late to my next assignment. This is worth it.
Fortunately for me I made it worth it. The kids, for the most part, let me hang around for a little while without showing off for my benefit (they did try to squirt me twice, though. Water and cameras don't mix well!). They just continued their fun in the water.
And I had a pretty good picture on a warm summer's day.

1 comment:

weight loss program said...

Some photographs often attract our mind because of close relations with us. I find that same is reminding me my school days. It's my pleasure to see the same as it attracts me up to high extant.
--------------------------------------------
Michael Swann
weight loss program